Non-Resident Bhutanese [NRB] Account
NRB account is specially designed for those Bhutanese residing outside Bhutan and earning in foreign currency to maintain Foreign Currency (FC) accounts in Bhutan. This account does not require NRBs to be physically present to open an account in Bhutan. He/She can avail two types of account:
- Non-resident Bhutanese Foreign Currency Account (NRBFC)
- Non-resident Bhutanese Ngultrum Currency Account (NRBNC)
- To route all foreign currency remittances through the banking channels.
- To enable NRBs to maintain FC accounts in Bhutan.
- To make FC remittances by NRBs easier, safer, cheaper, reliable and profitable.
NRBFC account can be opened in the following currencies:
- US dollar (US$)
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Euro (EUR)
- Great Britain Pound (GBP)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)
Opening NRB Account
- Physical visit to Bank while in Bhutan
He/she must first seek RMA’s approval and then visit BNB with all necessary documents to initiate the process. BNB will verify using its KYC norms to determine eligibility and will initiate to open an account.
- Online Application
He/she can open an account by filling up an online application at www.remitbhutan.bt portal. Please select your bank as BNB and upload all necessary documents for verification to be done by RMA. Once completed, an application reference number will be provided to track the application.
- One can withdraw in $ while traveling abroad
- No charges while remitting money
- 100% Repatriation
|Currency||Rates (% p.a)|